September 13 2020
Live! from the VIP.fund news desk, bringing you the latest updates from our community across the globe! Starting today, we’ll be sharing a weekly news bulletin summarizing the activities, stories and developments happening across our programs and locations.
Why now? Over the past months, and since the COVID outbreak, our community of youth, volunteers, mentors, fellows, donors and supporters has grown exponentially. As we grew, we maintained a focus on a solid foundation of shared values, and a common goal.
Our values are: Care, Commitment, Creativity and Curiosity
Our common goal is to build a virtual community of like-minded individuals who believe in life-learning for all, youth empowerment, collaboration and employing technology for change.
We share our news to invite you to learn, critique, spread our news and collaborate with us.
- #edSeed_Campaigns We just published Abdulkarim Alobeid‘s campaign. He already received his first donation. #edSeed #education4all
- #Seed_funds Last week, we celebrated the launch of the Faris Eid Fund. Family funds seed crowdfunding campaigns, giving student campaigns the initial funding to ensure their success. Hazar Eid interviewed three candidates. We will announce the names of the awardees soon. Interviews went really well!
- #P2P_Mentorship A warm welcome to Nawar Hamwi and Ibrahim Hussein who are joining the Peer to Peer mentorship program.
- #Webinar_Series This week we hosted Rawan Abuasad, a Palestinian filmmaker who spoke about “The art of storytelling”. #VIPWebinars
- #edSeed_Feature_Update new features have been added to improve file sharing among students, volunteers and mentors.
- #Community_Engagement the VIP.fund/edSeed students participated in an orientation hosted by #Kiron. Students can enroll in English language placement exam, register on the Coursera and other e-Learning platforms for free. Courses could be with or without credit. A certificate of completion will be issued. Remember, this falls under “what have you done to improve yourself” on the edSeed platform.
Give us your feedback and suggestions. Share our news, and tune in next week for more updates!